A suggestion

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:18:25 CEST 2015

In the man page, the set_layout command is described as

set_layout LAYOUT

Sets the layout algorithm in the current frame to LAYOUT. For the list
of layouts, check the list of layout algorithms above.

I think this could be improved. Instead of "check the list of layout
algorithms above.", it could be explicit, saying "see the TILING
ALGORITHM section above".

Also, the Tiling Algorithm section lists the four layouts in the form
n: <layout name>. Is the LAYOUT argument to set_layout specified as
the integer or the name? The description of set_layout doesn't say. I
found out by experimentation that it's the name, after first
specifying the integer and finding that it did not work,  but the type
of the argument should be given explicitly. This is done in the
description of the default_frame_layout setting for example,
indicating that it is an integer. I would also comment that it's
inconsistent to specify the default layout by integer, but set the
layout by name.