herbstluftwm 0.7.0 release

Thorsten Wißmann edu at thorsten-wissmann.de
Mon Feb 8 15:27:47 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 12:03:15PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Is it possible to move windows around tiled layouts by mouse dragging now?

No, it is not possble yet. As announced, the entire list of new features
can be found on: http://herbstluftwm.org/news.html

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 03:14:47PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > Please excuse my laziness in not building 0.7.0 for debian to find out.
>
> FWIW do we want this first to go to debian/experimental or are we
> confident to replace the current version with it? Given it's in some
> parts a rewrite I've heard

Personally, I'm not confident enough for debian/stable, but probably for
debian/testing. Warning: I'm not familiar with the precise subtleties
between testing and experimental, so you have to decide! It's not really
a rewrite, but more a syntactical conversion from C99 to C++11.

Cheers,
Thorsten