herbstluftwm 0.7.0 release

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Feb 8 15:23:45 CET 2016

* Christoph Egger <christoph at debian.org> [2016-02-08 15:14:47 +0100]:
> MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > Please excuse my laziness in not building 0.7.0 for debian to find out.
>
> FWIW do we want this first to go to debian/experimental or are we
> confident to replace the current version with it? Given it's in some
> parts a rewrite I've heard

Probably not my call, but I've been using -git all the time now,
without problems. And it's not really a rewrite (yet), just
essentially the same code compiled with a C++ instead of a C compiler.

Looking at "git diff --word-diff -M30% v0.6.2..HEAD src" it seems like
it's mostly C++ compile fixes rather than a rewrite.

Florian