Herbstluft and Wayland?

Michael Cooper mythmon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:33:14 CEST 2020

I used to use Herbstluftwm, ages ago. I spent some time using Gnome as an
effort to put less time into maintenance of my environment. One thing that
I got very used to was using Wayland and it's support for monitor scaling.
Good support for fractional scaling and scaling that is different per
monitor has become vital for me.

I know that hlwm is only for X, and that a port would be no small feat.
Currently I'm using Sway, which tries very hard to be like i3. I have
never  been able to figure out it's tiling model though, and I'd really
like to find something that works like hlwm but keeps the benefits of
Wayland.

Does anyone know a way to get a hlwm experience on Wayland?

Thanks,
--Mythmon