This week's qutebrowser updates

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Dec 1 23:00:41 CET 2014

2 weeks to go until the planned release - we'll see how it goes! At
least I did hold my promise and did a metric shitton of bugfixes this
week :D There also were some nice contributions, thanks to everyone
involved!

I also had the chance to build PyQt and Qt 5.4 and close some bugs
after verifying those were fixed upstream.

The packages and PKGBUILDs if someone feels like trying as well:
http://qutebrowser.org/qt5.4/

The qutebrower bugs fixed by Qt 5.4:

- Hang on HTML5 video
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/96

- Problems/segfaults with HTML5 videos
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/93

- Segfaults on Youtube videos
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/94

- Segfault when showing MP3
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/151

- Unable to load page: The specified configuration cannot be used.
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/129

- Font rendering bug on Metzeler page
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/181

- Segfault when scrolling down on twitter media pages
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/264

And now to this week's changes and fixes! :D

Overview
--------

Excluding merges, 5 authors have pushed 49 commits to master and 50
commits to all branches. On master, 32 files have changed and there
have been 1,056 additions and 518 deletions.

3 Pull requests merged by 3 people
33 Issues closed by 1 person
12 Issues created by 1 person

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/pulse/weekly

Upgrade notes
-------------

Nothing, thanks to the (at least for simple cases) automatic config
migrating!

For the record:

- The "permissions" config section has been renamed to "content".
- colors->tab.* has been renamed to colors->tabs.*

Also, the search syntax has changed from "foo !g" to "g foo", like
dwb.

Features
--------

- New qute:settings page as a (currently very minimalistic) way to
  comfortably view and edit all settings.
  Thanks to iggy for this contribution!

- New value 'ask' for network->ssl-strict which opens a prompt to ask
  to continue.

Improvements
------------

- Various documentation fixes and improvements

- Change the search syntax to be like dwb's.
  Thanks to mfussenegger for this contributon!

- Easy way to install qutebrowser on Gentoo with an overlay.
  Thanks to posativ for setting this up!

- Ignore IPC when in exception handler to avoid opening new windows.

Bugfixes
--------

- Don't handle numbers with a base (like 0xDEAD) or floats as IP
  addresses when entered into the URL bar.

- Fix @log_signals debugging helper with destroyed objects.

- Update tab bar correctly when changing the foreground color.

- Apply ui->default-zoom correctly to websites.

- Various download fixes and improvements:
    - Work around broken servers closing the connection on downloads.
    - Abort download filename question on early download errors.
    - Avoid starting downloads before we know the filename if we can.
    - Fix for downloads being killed when closing the tab they were
      started in.
    - Fix downloading of qute:log.

- Fix opening quickmarks (or any split=False command) with a trailing
  space (e.g. when tabbing).
  Thanks to krobelus for an attempted fix which wasn't quite right but
  motivated me to fix this. :)

- Fix for opening relative file paths in a second instance via IPC.

- Fix for rare segfaults/exceptions when hinting.
  Thanks to V155 for helping me debug this!

- Fix an exception when setting ui->default-zoom to a value not in
  ui->zoom-levels.

Florian

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc