Fwd: [PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.4 Released

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Dec 26 13:09:24 CET 2014

FYI: PyQt 5.4 has officially been released upstream.

The Archlinux packages aren't updated yet, but the snapshot they use
doesn't differ significantly from the final version, and I've already
marked the packages as out-of-date. My packages with debugging
symbols will be updated as soon as the Archlinux ones are.

For Windows users, qutebrowser v0.1.1 which should be released today
or tomorrow will ship with Qt/PyQt 5.4.

Florian

----- Forwarded message from Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> -----

PyQt v5.4 has been released. This includes full support for Qt v5.4.0
including the new QtWebChannel and QtWebEngineWidgets modules, and the
restored QtXml module.

The Windows installers do not include the QtWebEngineWidgets module as
WebEngine required MSVC2013 and Python3 requires MSVC2010. Qt has been built
with the new dynamic OpenGL option so PyOpenGL should work again for most
people.

Phil

----- End forwarded message -----