This week's qutebrowser updates

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Nov 17 23:33:44 CET 2014

And another week with some bugfixes :)

In addition to the stuff listed here I'm working on a simple
hosts-based adblocker (because I got annoyed by ads enough because
somehow the Windows at work overwrites the /etc/hosts-equivalent
sometimes...) and on fixing all kinds of downloading bugs.

Also, I finally uploaded qutebrowser-git to the Archlinux AUR:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qutebrowser-git

Overview
--------

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/pulse/weekly

Excluding merges, 1 author has pushed 21 commits to master and 41
commits to all branches. On master, 15 files have changed and there
have been 313 additions and 201 deletions.

1 Pull request proposed by 1 person (myself, to track some issues)
8 Issues closed by 1 person
9 Issues created by 1 person

Improvements
------------

- Leave insert mode when the active tab is changed.
- Force opening in foreground/background tab when a link is pressed
  with shift.
- Add 1px spacing to download view.
- Hide unimportant "load glyph failed" Qt message.

Bugfixes
--------

- Manage downloads per-window, not globally - this fixed an exception
  when cancelling a download from a now closed window.
- Fix a Qt warning when closing a window while a download is active.
- Open new window on IPC connection when no existing window is found.
- Don't open new window if only commands are sent via IPC.
- Don't log some exceptions twice.
- Fix "schedule removal" log spam on shutdown
- Fix a segfault when qutebrowser is closed during a javascript prompt
  which is followed by another prompt/alert.
- Update cache size correctly if storage->cache-size is changed.
- Fix a weird exception which rarely occurs when disconnecting hints.

Flo

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc