This week's qutebrowser updates
me at the-compiler.org
Mon Sep 15 22:54:09 CEST 2014
And there we go, it's Monday evening (at least here) again!
First of all, a call for help with trying to reproduce a segfault: Can
you please check if opening  works for you, and if you get a
segfault and have some time, get in touch with me? iggy can reproduce
this issue, and I can't on multiple setups (Arch, Windows 8, Ubuntu,
The newcmd branch is still not merged, because I first want to find a
way to remove the HTML files from the repository and generate them via
setup.py. It'll hopefully be merged somewhere in the next days.
Because of that, I splitted the news into the two different branches.
- New view_source command (bound to gf) to view a page's source. This
adds `pygments' as dependency. Also, I *think* this will be the last
added dependency for a while :D - Packages are available in the
official repos for Debian jessie/Ubuntu trusty/Ubuntu utopic/
- Consolas is now not used as preferred font on Windows anymore as it
looks bad with a small size (Courier New will most likely be used
- Changed config values which are used as interpolation for other
values are now handled correctly (i.e. stuff updates without
- Fix for a bug which executed all "config changed" handlers while
starting qutebrowser, hopefully improving the start time a bit (1-2
seconds on Windows).
- Fix for the "config changed" handler for the tabbar which was not
getting executed correctly.
- ShellCommands now get validated correctly in the config.
- Crash fix when selecting an element without href-attribute via
- Crash fix when selecting elements with an invalid URL as href via
- When starting qutebrowser with python2, a proper error message
instead of a SyntaxError exception is now displayed again.
Under the hood
- A new segfault_test script was added which tests some different
pages and environments (HarfBuzz rendering engines) for segfaults.
- A workaround (logging swallowed exceptions in QWebPage extension
handlers) now is fixed in PyQt 5.3.2 and gets deactivated there
- Some docs for the used python libaries are now added to HACKING.
- New :bind command to bind keys.
- New :unbind command to unbind keys.
- New config format for keys.
- Exact duplicate keychains are now rejected.
- Error when unknown sections are in the main config.
- Docs are now generated according to the new format.
- Bring back support for *args in command handlers.
- The :get command was removed and replaced by a vim-like
":set sect opt?"
- The newcmd branch now actually works.
- Fix crash when opening qute://help without any path.
- Lots of other minor stuff.
Under the hood
- Cleanups for network.qutehandlers
- Cleanups for commands.command
- Cleanups for commands.cmdutils
- Some additional checks for registered command functions.
http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the qutebrowser