:buffers?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Aug 16 20:47:55 CEST 2015

* Anton Löfgren <anton.lofgren at gmail.com> [2015-08-16 19:03:07 +0200]:
> Hi quties,

Hah, I like that :)

> Coming from Vimperator, I've been trying to find a qutebrowser
> equivalent to its "B"/:buffers functionality (which lists & filters
> current "buffers", as in tabs). Is there such a thing? If so, how do I
> find it? If not, any particular reason why?

There isn't yet - see [1]. There are two main reasons really:

1) Nobody did it yet, and I'm busy working on other stuff,

2) It's quite hard with the current architecture to add a completion
which is dynamic - all the current completions are "static" and
updated manually when e.g. a setting is changed - this might be hard
to do right for tabs/windows. See [2].

My hope is that I'll get to 2) somewhen in the next months, and then
someone else will implement 1) ;)

Florian

[1] https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/32
[2] https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/74