Migration of configuration file format to YAML

Pedro Martinez-Julia pedromj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:38:27 CET 2015

Hi all,

Our opinion about using YAML as the format for the configuration file
has been requested.

>From my point of view, configuration files have to be very simple and
easy to edit, so INI format is very good. However, YAML can meet this
requirement if some conventions are established while gaining power to
represent special situations (as per-domain sections).

To sum up I recommend to weight the benefits against the effort. From my
experience, if the only benefit is cosmetic (not functional), the effort
should not exceed the couple of days.

That's all from my side.

Regards,
Pedro

--
Pedro Martinez-Julia
Department of Communication and Information Engineering
Email: pedromj at gmail.com, pedromj at um.es