This week's qutebrowser updates

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Feb 9 23:22:31 CET 2015

Heyho,

time for another update! Some small bugfixes and features
here-and-there, but I'm mostly busy with the sessions branch:

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/tree/sessions

I hope to get this merged this week - there's already good progress, a
session round-trip (saving/loading) already works for tabs and
history. For a long while I thought this wouldn't be possible because
QtWebKit only lets us load history from a binary blob (serialisation
format). Thanks to https://github.com/OtterBrowser/otter-browser I
discovered it's possible to reverse-engineer that binary protocol
easily, and thus convert a human-readable history to a binary to load:

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/blob/9bdf40d364701f8e0d0590fd248a31f7603de025/qutebrowser/browser/tabhistory.py#L88-L142

But now back to the rest which happened this week :)

Overview
--------

Excluding merges, 2 authors have pushed 21 commits to master and 32
commits to all branches. On master, 25 files have changed and there
have been 305 additions and 111 deletions.

1 Pull request proposed by 1 person
2 Issues closed by 1 person
1 Issue created by 1 person

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/pulse/weekly

Features
--------

- Implement HTML5 Geolocation/Notifications.

Improvements
------------

- Better structure and updates in stacktrace.asciidoc.
- Add a checker to run_checks to check if all directories contain an
  __init__.py
- New argument '-s' for qutebrowser to set a temporary value.
- New argument '-p' for the ':set' command to print the newly set
  value.
- Various debug logging improvements.

Bugfixes
--------

- Make tests for qutebrowser.browser.http run again.
- Fix documentation generation for arguments with multiple values.
- Fix crashes when a tab was closed while a prompt (e.g. javascript)
  for that page was open.

Flo