Youtube (HTML5 player) doesn't go to fullscreen

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jul 21 09:51:25 CEST 2015

* Abraham Baker <z1693060 at students.niu.edu> [2015-07-20 15:21:28 -0500]:
> When I go to any youtube video and try to make it fullscreen, nothing
> happens.  The button that increases the video size (by moving the 'next
> videos' bar) does work.

As others have mentioned, that's a missing feature in QtWebKit.

I recommend binding a key to open videos in a real video player like
mpv - see the FAQ[1] (9.) for details.

[1] https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/blob/master/FAQ.asciidoc

> I noticed during the Arch AUR git installation I had to install
> python-pypeg manually before makepkg -s would even run.

That's because that's an AUR package as well, and makepkg doesn't know
about the AUR. When using an AUR helper[2], that should resolve this
dependency for you.

[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Helpers

Florian