This week's qutebrowser updates

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Jun 3 08:27:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

This has been a crazy week with many contributions! :)
Thanks a lot again to Carpetsmoker and antonyo for them!

I've been busy with writing more tests, and reviewing PRs and issues,
but the amount of contributions is probably at a record high :)

It seems people would like a new release[1] - I wanted to do so only
after tests/refactoring/config migration, but since that'll still take
a while I'll probably cut a new release when the open contributions
are in (or at least the ones expected to be done soon).

[1] https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/pull/1696

Overview
--------

Excluding merges, 5 authors have pushed 54 commits to master and 90
commits to all branches. On master, 31 files have changed and there
have been 539 additions and 224 deletions.

6 Pull requests merged by 3 people
7 Pull requests proposed by 4 people
13 Issues closed by 2 people
15 Issues created by 5 people

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/pulse

Added
-----

- :scroll-page now has --{top,bottom}-navigate options so a key can be
  bound to scroll down and automatically load the next page.

- Return is now bound to a new :select-follow command, which follows
  the link currently selected (e.g. via /searching).

- There's a new ui -> modal-js-dialog setting to use the normal modal
  dialogs instead of the statusbar for javascript dialogs.

- Numpad enter now should work everywhere where Return does.

- New setting colors -> webpage.bg to set the color for websites
  without a background color set.

Changed
-------

- Temporary files/directories now use a qutebrowser-editor- and
  qutebrowser-basedir- prefix.

- Some QXcbWindow warnings (e.g. on Enlightment) are now hidden.

Fixed
-----

- Fix a crash when executing "qutebrowser :set" from the commandline.

Under the hood

- Lots of improvements related to tests.
- link_pyqt.py now only links/copies files if needed, which should
  speed up repeated tox runs.
- Some small doc improvements.

Florian