This week's qutebrowser updates
me at the-compiler.org
Tue Mar 17 07:14:19 CET 2015
Another week with some highlights and lots of smaller changes! :)
Excluding merges, 4 authors have pushed 67 commits to master and 72
commits to all branches. On master, 63 files have changed and there
have been 1,555 additions and 641 deletions.
4 Pull requests merged by 4 people
13 Issues closed by 1 person
8 Issues created by 2 people
- History completion!
Definitely a much-requested feature - now @toofar/Jimmy started
implementing it and I did some improvements on top of that. Thanks!
This adds some new options:
completion -> timestamp-format:
The format used to display the history timestamps.
completion -> web-history-max-items:
How many history items to show in the completion.
completion -> cmd-history-max-items:
Renamed from history-length.
- If an SSL error is raised multiple times with the same
error/certificate/host/scheme/port, the user is only asked once.
- Add a --rapid option to :hint. The rapid/rapid-win targets are now
deprecated, and --rapid can be used as well with
- Add a hints -> scatter option, which (when turned off) distributes
the hints sequentially (like dwb) instead of scattering their
positions (like Vimium).
- Add an -f argument to :bind to overwrite the old binding.
- Add some documentation about how to write userscripts:
- Various performance improvements for the completion.
- Handle things like "Foo::Bar" as search term, not as URL.
Thanks to Patric Schmitz for this contribution!
- Remove default search engines so things like ":open ddg foo" or
":open google sucks" works as expected.
Thanks to error800 for this contribution!
- Use alternating row colors in copletion.
This adds a new colors -> completion.alternate-bg option.
- Ensure the user only sets a family (no size/weight) for the fonts ->
- Various performance improvements when qutebrowser is idle.
When unused qutebrowser now shouldn't waste any CPU cycles anymore.
Except on Windows, where there still has to be a timer polling for
signals, because... Windows.
- Fix an exception which occured when getting signals for already
- Force saving when using :save even with auto-save-config turned off.
- Highlight text case-insensitively in completon.
- Scroll completion to top when showing it.
- Fix fonts not being anti-aliased (or possibly wrong in other ways)
under some circumstances.
- Fix package names for manual compilation in stacktrace.asciidoc.
- Ignore empty lines in quickmarks/history.
Under the hood
- Refactor qutebrowser.config.websettings.
- Various small fixes for tests.
http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the qutebrowser