Slow Qutebrowser

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Oct 23 14:23:26 CEST 2015

* Abraham Baker <z1693060 at students.niu.edu> [2015-10-23 07:17:16 -0500]:
> I ran pacaur, and while the non-AUR packages upgraded well, there was
> apparently 'nothing to do'  for the AUR packages even though I have a
> (slightly) older qutebrowser.

Do you have qutebrowser or qutebrowser-git installed? This seems to
suggest -git:

> qutebrowser v0.4.0
> Git commit: v0.4.0-220-g55efd13 (2015-10-04 18:33:37 +0200)

For git packages, you usually have to take care of rebuilding them
yourself, as there's no easy way for the AUR agent to figure out if it
was updated (short of cloning the repo and comparing the versions, but
I don't think any AUR agent does that).

For qutebrowser, there are new commits almost daily ;)

Florian