[qutebrowser] Font issues

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Dec 7 07:38:37 CET 2016

Hey,

* N/A <zachkeel at gmail.com> [2016-12-04 15:01:29 -0600]:
> I'm having a minor problem. On some websites (Github on any page other
> than the 'home page' comes to mind), it uses a font I haven't
> specified. I have attached a screenshot, or at least attempted to. The
> font appears to have no antialiasing, which makes it look bad
> especially when bold. I've tried changing the options for fonts in
> qute://settings, but none seem to have any effect on it. How can I
> change it?

Font rendering in Qt/QtWebKit is a... difficult topic, and various
people seem to have wildly different results. There's an issue open
for it: https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/1648

FWIW this will probably look a lot better with the new QtWebEngine
backend (which will be the default on distributions supporting it
soon), where Chromium's rendering code is used.

Florian