Gmail support?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Mar 20 12:33:30 CET 2016

Hey,

* Abraham Baker <z1693060 at students.niu.edu> [2016-03-19 19:41:51 -0500]:
> I'm using the stable arch version of qutebrowser (0.5.1,
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=qutebrowser), and a few days ago I
> started seeing a message at the top of the gmail interface saying:
> "This version of Safari is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a
> supported browser."
>
> Does anybody know if this just applies to .5.1, or if gmail is displaying
> this notice on every version of qutebrowser?  This does not break any
> functionality, but it seems strange.

A couple of websites do that, and as Ryan said - changing the UA
works, but breaks other pages.

* Ryan Roden-Corrent <ryan at rcorre.net> [2016-03-19 20:56:41 -0400]:
> I see it too (0.5.1, Archlinux).
> It goes away if you change the user agent from the default.
> Try :set network user-agent and tab through the suggestions.
> I've found this is actually necessary to use google hangouts.
> Unfortunately, a non-default user-agent breaks a lot of the Github UI.

Let's add this to the pile of issues which will be fixed by per-domain
settings[1] and/or the QtWebEngine backend[2].

[1] https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/27
[2] https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/666

Florian