[qutebrowser] Fwd: keyboard config - what am I doing wrong?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed May 18 22:20:29 CEST 2016

This message needed manual approval because the sender isn't
subscribed, and I accidentally discarded it instead of allowing it, so
I'm relaying it manually:

----- Forwarded message from qutebrowser-owner at lists.qutebrowser.org -----

[...]

Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 22:02:05 +0200
From: lignux at gmx.com
To: qutebrowser at lists.qutebrowser.org

Hi,

I started going a bit crazy, and decided I should ask for help. I added
some keys to my config so that I had a keybinding to the brilliant spawn
command. It goes like this:

spawn mpv {url}
hint links spawn mpv {hint-url}
spawn lxterminal -e youtube-dl {url}
hint links spawn lxterminal -e youtube-dl {hint-url}

So, the ones with mpv work flawlessly, as does the third one. The last one
doesn't work; I get an error saying "unrecognized arguments: -e youtube-dl
{hint-url}". My problem is that the structure of the spawn command works
when done with mpv, and the command works when using it from within the
website I want to download the video from. I think I'm going blind or
something, I have been checking this for over 30 minutes, and I don't know
where the mistake is. Could this be a bug?

PLEASE!!! i'm begging you, help me out!. it's not about the functionality,
i can get that by visiting the website and clicking "z", is about my
mental health!

----- End forwarded message -----