[qutebrowser] ¿Prospects for · Issue #22 · (Set as default browser)?

Taeer Bar-Yam taeer at necsi.edu
Fri Oct 7 06:01:41 CEST 2016

Depending on your system configuration, you can do it manually yourself.
For example, I have set $HOME/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list to have:

```
[Default Applications]
text/html=qutebrowser.desktop
x-scheme-handler/http=qutebrowser.desktop
x-scheme-handler/https=qutebrowser.desktop
x-scheme-handler/ftp=qutebrowser.desktop
x-scheme-handler/chrome=qutebrowser.desktop
application/x-extension-htm=qutebrowser.desktop
application/x-extension-html=qutebrowser.desktop
application/x-extension-shtml=qutebrowser.desktop
application/xhtml+xml=qutebrowser.desktop
application/x-extension-xhtml=qutebrowser.desktop
application/x-extension-xht=qutebrowser.desktop
```

and then I have in the same folder qutebrowser.desktop has

```
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Qutebrowser
Exec=qutebrowser
Type=Application
```

This causes xdg-open to use qutebrowser in the applicable times (for example when opening links from an email)
This works with the applications I use and my system configuration. I don't know if it would work for you.

Hope this helps!
  --Taeer

Excerpts from Maurício Habert's message of October 6, 2016 7:30 pm: