[qutebrowser] ¿Prospects for · Issue #22 · (Set as default browser)?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Oct 7 06:32:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

First of all, let's keep questions about an issue in that issue
please, that makes things easier for me and other people ;)

* Maurício Habert <m2habert at gmail.com> [2016-10-06 20:30:29 -0300]:
> ¿Is the issue #22 (Set as default browser) the type of thing that is going
> to be easier to attend with the migration to the QtWebEngine? Or is it
> totally unrelated?

It's unrelated.

> I really miss the funcionality: I have a dozen of OS based launcher /
> scripts that prevent me of leaving Firefox and adopting QB as the main
> browser...

That issue is mainly relevant on Windows and OS X. For OS X, there was
a workaround posted (which didn't work for you according to your
comment on the issue? Maybe someone else will know why...).

I don't use OS X (or Windows, for that matter), so those issues
usually take longer or I hope someone other than me looks at them.

For that one, that could be you? ;) There's probably no qutebrowser
code at all involved, but you'd need to modify the PyInstaller config
to use an Info.plist which registers qutebrowser as a web browser I
think.

Florian