[qutebrowser] How to run a userscript in Windows

David Nebauer davidnebauer3 at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 13 16:35:26 CEST 2016

On 01/09/16 06:06, Daniel Schadt wrote:

> So as far as I can tell, the only things you can run on
> Windows as (user)script are native .exe and .bat/.cmd files.

FWIW, after using the correct userscripts directory and successfully
running bat and cmd userscripts, I can confirm that I was unable to
successfully execute a python userscript. This was the case even though
my system is set up to run python scripts directly from the command line
without explicitly invoking the interpreter (using file association).

I suggest the userscript documentation should include the information
that on Windows only com and bat (and exe) files can be used as userscripts.

David.