[qutebrowser] How to run a userscript in Windows

David Nebauer davidnebauer3 at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 13 16:45:36 CEST 2016

On 11/09/16 12:50, David Nebauer wrote:

>>>      command called: spawn ['--userscript', 'hello.bat']
>>> [...]
>>>      Userscript to run:
>>> C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\qutebrowser\data\userscripts\hello.bat
>> I'm guessing the hello.bat is in that location?
>
> Well, no, as it turns out. The bat file was in:
>
>     C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\qutebrowser\userscripts\hello.bat

Might be worth mentioning that I used the wrong userscript directory
because I misunderstood the documentation. It says userscripts need to
be, "stored in your data directory under 'userscripts'". On the Windows
platform I took "data directory" to be a reference to qutebrowser's
install location under "AppData/Local" and formed the rest of the path
based on the unix userscript path (which does not include the 'data'
subdirectory).

I suggest the documentation could explicitly state the Windows
userscript path. Even better would be if 'qute:version' output included
the full userscripts directory ||path, in the same way that it currently
includes the "Desktop" path in unix and "Imported from" path in Windows.
That way the information would be available on every platform
qutebrowser runs on.

David.