[qutebrowser] Discriminant javascript and cookies in qutebrowser

Keith Larsen keith.larsen at reagan.com
Mon Apr 3 21:56:40 CEST 2017

Hello list,

My browser of choice has recently been deprecated (RIP xombrero).
Anyway, this put me on a search that ended with qutebrowser! Initial
test driving was great and I'm very impressed with all the different
platforms you do builds for.

However, one of the killer features of xombrero was that javascript and
cookies (respectively) could be disabled and then whitelisted or
toggled for the session on a per domain/FQDN basis.

I'm fairly sure that this sort of thing is not currently configurable
with qutebrowser. The purpose of the email is to ask if this sort of
functionality is seen as feasible or even useful to the qutebrowser
project.

Perhaps a script to set the option and open a bookmark... just looking
for you thoughts on the matter.

All the best,

Keith