[qutebrowser] Crowdfunding campaign for new config system and per-domain settings

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Apr 18 15:27:42 CEST 2017

Hi,

Like last year, I'd love to spend my summer holidays working full-time
on qutebrowser again!

This is why I started another crowdfunding - with the goal of finally
implementing the new config system:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the-compiler/qutebrowser-v10-with-per-domain-settings?ref=6tooiw

In a nutshell, that means:

- There's a separate (optional) config file, which will never be touched
  by qutebrowser, and is much better suited for people who prefer
  editing their config by hand and/or managing it in a VCS like git.

- Many new possibilities for the config, like setting the backend
  (QtWebKit/QtWebEngine), or other things which need to be available
  early (like disabling canvas reading).

- The ability to set many settings for individual domains - such as
  enabling JavaScript individually (like NoScript), or setting
  user-stylesheets for some pages (like Stylish).

- Much more powerful configuration (in Python).

- Many other configuration bugs and quirks which will be fixed along the
  way.

Like last year, you can get qutebrowser stickers and t-shirts by
contributing to the crowdfunding.

Please spread the word! :)

Florian