[qutebrowser] Dropping legacy QtWebKit, Python 3.4, and old Qt versions

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jun 20 09:22:48 CEST 2017

Hi,

I think with v1.0 (which will come somewhen later this year), it's
finally time to leave old versions of dependencies behind.

If you're using legacy QtWebKit, or Python 3.4, or Qt < 5.7, this will
probably affect you.

If you're using qutebrowser on Ubuntu < 17.04, or Debian Jessie
(now oldstable), this will definitely affect you. If you're using
something other than Archlinux/Windows/macOS, this might affect you
too, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

See all details and what I've been able to figure out so far here:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2742

(if you have a GitHub account, please reply there rather than here in
order to keep everything in one place)

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)