[qutebrowser] Python and userscripts

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Nov 27 05:11:32 CET 2017

Hi,

first of all, note that you just got thrown off the mailinglist again because
your mailserver is still thinking the mailinglist is sending "spoofed" mails.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 02:25:07AM +0000, Stephen Davies (sdavies) wrote:
>     So I guess my question is: given that I started qutebrowser explicitly
> with a particular python executable, why can't it find the requests module as
> it does when I execute that python executable directly?

Does it have something like #!/home/foo/local/qutebrowser/.venv/bin/python3.5
as shebang? If not (i.e. if it has #!/usr/bin/python or so), it's going to use
that Python, with the modules of that.

What Python you started qutebrowser with doesn't matter, as userscripts are run
as a subprocess.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)