[qutebrowser] The qutebrowser config revolution continues!

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Sep 12 23:50:24 CEST 2017

Hey!

I finished my exams (all went well!) and I'm back from my holidays in Budapest,
so the work on the new config will (finally) continue! The next three days I'll
work on it full-time again, and unfortunately 20 of 20 days are over after
that...

However, I'll make sure the new-config branch is merged as soon as possible,
and there really isn't much in the way anymore.

This also means that when you're using the git master branch of qutebrowser,
you're in for a bumpy ride:

- The new config will get in hopefully somewhen this week, requiring you to
  reconfigure your qutebrowser from scratch.

- Shortly after that, I intend to drop support for Qt < 5.7.1, Python < 3.5 and
  legacy QtWebKit (before 5.212), which might make it harder for you to get
  qutebrowser to run (depending on your distribution).

- Soon-ish, I'll most likely flip the switch for QtWebEngine by default on
  Linux.

In other words, you might want to switch to the v0.11.0 release if you want
things to be a bit more quiet ;-)

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)