[qutebrowser] Is it possible to disable quickmark , bookmarks , history &

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Feb 21 10:00:35 CET 2018

Hi,

sorry for the delay - I needed to approve your message manually because
you're not on the mailinglist and I forgot. Now I added you to the
whitelist, though.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 09:28:57PM -0500, milstar2 via qutebrowser wrote:
>   Is it  possible disable quickmark ,bookmark,history  ?

You mean the completion which pops up after you press 'o'?

You can do ':set completion.show auto' which will only show it after you
press tab.

If that's not what you mean, you'll need to tell us more.

>   Can see youtube  with qutebrowser ,can login to email (protonmail.com)
>   but can not type
>   Can not login  to poker site

Should all work fine. I can only guess with that little information on
what's going on...

In general, version information (:version) is very helpful for such
questions.

YouTube: How did you install qutebrowser? If you installed it via 'tox',
or used the Windows/macOS builds, those come with a build of Qt without
proprietary codecs support. Not much you can do other than getting Qt
from somewhere else instead.

Protonmail: Are you in insert mode (i)? What exactly happens when you
type?

Poker site: No clue.

Can you also try whether those things work when you start with
--temp-basedir?

>   youtube video  qutebrowser consumed approx 200 mb more as conkeror

Possible. Memory is hard to measure accurately anyways.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)