[qutebrowser] right-click: open in new tab

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Jan 13 09:30:00 CET 2018

Hey,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:31:35PM +0000, Stephen Davies (sdavies) wrote:
>     An element of Firefox's functionality that I miss is the ability to hover
> over a hyperlink with the mouse, right-click, and get "open in new tab" on the
> popup menu. (Granted, 90% of the time I open-in-new-tab via the keyboard and
> "hints," but it turns out I still want the other functionality the other 10%
> of the time, namely when my hand is already on the mouse.)
>
>     Is this already possible in qute as long as I configure things the correct
> way? (And if so, what is that way?) Or is this a feature that would have to be
> added? (And if so, how hard would that be to add?)

Currently qutebrowser doesn't customize the context menu, it just shows
QtWebEngine's - there's an issue about it here:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/349

However:

>     Note that I don't simply want a left-mouse-click on the hyperlink to open
> in new tab, because I want left-mouse-click to open in the SAME tab. In other
> words I want to control whether I get same-tab or new-tab opening behavior,
> and my way of controlling that in FF was left-click vs right-click-and-choose-
> popup-menu-item. (Perhaps there's a better way to control that that I should
> be using.)

You can just Ctrl-click or middle-click - both in qutebrowser and in Firefox.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
   GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072  | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc