[qutebrowser] qutebrowser v1.1.2 released and the future of macOS builds

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Mar 1 18:32:51 CET 2018

Hey,

So I decided to do a quick v1.1.2 release with two bugfixes and a new
bundled Qt:

- Windows/macOS releases now bundle Qt 5.10.1 which includes security
  fixes from Chromium up to version 64.0.3282.140.
- QtWebEngine: Crash with Qt 5.10.1 when using :undo on some tabs.
- Compatibility with Python 3.7

However, I ran into a lot of trouble...

- The Windows release seems to segfault on exit when only a page like
  about:blank is opened and no "real" page. It smells like a Qt 5.10.1
  bug. I released it anyways.

- My Mac Mini hates me, probably the HDD is dying. Unfortunately, it's
  also too old for an up-to-date macOS (late 2009), has a broken
  optical drive, and I don't have a macOS laying around - so a reinstall
  is going to be... interesting.

Since stuff keeps crashing and misbehaving, I can't release a macOS
binary I'm afraid. I don't think it makes sense to try and reinstall an
old macOS on a >8 year old Mac - at the same time, I don't feel like
throwing some 500€ out of pocket at Apple :(

So... if anyone has a Mac lying around which isn't needed anymore,
please get in touch with me. Otherwise, I'm not sure yet what I'll do
about it. Travis CI isn't really an option, I really need a machine
where I can use SSH/VNC.

This is one of those really frustrating days... anyways, the source
release is out, and the Windows release too - I'm just not sure how well
it works.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)