[qutebrowser] qutebrowser v1.3.0 released
me at the-compiler.org
Fri May 4 08:29:22 CEST 2018
I'm happy to announce that I just released qutebrowser v1.3.0! Nothing
too spectacular this time, but some smaller stuff.
The most important things are probably that Qt 5.11 is mostly supported
(with some rough edges), and the macOS release should work on older macOS releases again
(thanks to Macstadium's excellent opensource initiative!).
- New `:scroll-to-anchor` command to scroll to an anchor in the document.
- New `url.open_base_url` option to open the base URL of a searchengine when no
search term is given.
- New `tabs.min_width` setting to configure the minimal width for tabs.
- New userscripts:
* `getbib` to download bibtex information for DOIs on a page.
* `qute-keepass` to get passwords from KeePassX.
Qt versions older than 5.11 because of security issues in in Chromium.
You can get the same effect in earlier versions via
`:set qt.args ['disable-shared-workers']`. An equivalent workaround is also
contained in Qt 5.9.5 and 5.10.1.
- The file dialog for downloads now has basic tab completion based on the
- `:version` now shows OS information for POSIX OS other than Linux/macOS.
- When there's an error inserting the text from an external editor, a backup
file is now saved.
- The `window.hide_wayland_decoration` setting got renamed to
`window.hide_decoration` and now also works outside of wayland.
- The `tabs.favicons.show` setting now can take three values: `'always'` (was
`True`), `'never'` (was `False`) and `'pinned'` (to only show favicons for
- Hover tooltips on tabs now always show the webpage's title.
- The default value for `content.host_blocking.lists` was changed to only
include https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts[Steven Black's hosts-list] which
combines various sources.
- Error messages when trying to wrap when `tabs.wrap` is `False` are now logged
to debug instead of messages.
- Using hints before a page is fully loaded is now possible again.
- Selecting hints with the number keypad now works again.
- Tab titles for tabs loaded from sessions should now really be correct instead
of showing the URL.
- Loading URLs with customized settings from a session now avoids an additional
- The window icon and title now get set correctly again.
- The `tabs.switching_delay` setting now has a correct maximum value limit set.
- The `taskadd` script now works properly when there's multi-line output.
- QtWebEngine: Worked around issues with GreaseMonkey/stylesheets not being
loaded correctly in some situations.
- The statusbar now more closely reflects the caret mode state.
- The icon on Windows should now be displayed in a higher resolution.
- Building `.exe` files now works when `upx` is installed on the system.
- The keyhint widget now shows the correct text for chained modifiers.
- Loading GreaseMonkey scripts now also works with Jinja2 2.8 (e.g. on Debian
- Adding styles with GreaseMonkey on fast sites now works properly.
- Window ID 0 is now excluded properly from `:tab-take` completion.
- A rare crash when cancelling a download has been fixed.
- The Makefile (intended for packagers) now supports `PREFIX` properly.
- The workaround for a black window with Nvidia graphics is now enabled on
non-Linux systems (like FreeBSD) as well.
- Initial support for Qt 5.11.
- Checking for a new version after sending a crash report now works properly
- `@match` in Greasemonkey scripts now more closely matches the proper pattern
- Searching via `/` or `?` now doesn't handle any characters in a special way.
- Fixed crash when trying to retry some failed downloads on QtWebEngine.
- An invalid spellcheck dictionary filename now doesn't crash anymore.
- When no spellcheck dictionaries are configured, it's now disabled internally.
This works around an issue with entering special characters on Facebook
- The macOS release now should work again on macOS 10.11 and newer.
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
I love long mails! | https://email.is-not-s.ms/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the qutebrowser