[qutebrowser] stuck in full-screen mode??

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Sep 3 19:05:59 CEST 2018

Hey,

On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 04:05:08PM +0000, Stephen Davies (sdavies) wrote:
>     Gahhh! I fat fingered something and now my qutebrowser comes up in
> full-screen mode (no title bar, no way to click on anything else). Even
> killing the app externally, rebooting my machine, etc., has no effect: it is
> always in full-screen mode when I bring it up which I do NOT want.
>
>     Can someone tell me how to correct this??

Earlier qutebrowser versions used to have bindings to hide the
tab/statusbar (xx to hide both, xt for tabs, xb for statusbar).

However, those were removed in v1.1.0 because people did indeed
accidentally press them a lot.

Maybe that's what happened to you? You should probably upgrade your
qutebrowser though, if it's that.

Either way, double-check the value for the statusbar.hide and tabs.show
settings via :set.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)