[qutebrowser] settings not keeping

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Feb 18 14:20:16 CET 2019

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 02:45:21PM -0500, Steve wrote:

> On 2/17/19 2:42 PM, Florian Bruhin wrote:

> > > When things kept freezing up I did pacman -Rns qutebrowser to remove the
> > > package completely from my system. Then I maually rm -rf
> > > ~/.config/qutebrowser/ (sorry I didn't check its contents first to know if
> > > that file was there or not).
> > >
> > > After reinstalling (pacman -S qutebrowser) so far it has not frozen up (but
> > > all freezes happened while brainzilla.com was open - I have previously
> > > suspected some of their javascript of being a little "funny" - and I did not
> > > test again yet that page. But the settings issue remains and there is no
> > > autoconfig.yml file.
> > So I assume you are using qute://settings? Does it work when using the
> > :set command instead?
> >
> > You might want to use qutebrowser-git instead until I finish fixing up
> > the remaining Qt 5.12 issues and release v1.6.0.
> >
> > Florian
> I was using :set but just now tried qute://settings with same results,
> settings do not keep.

I just saw your report - you're just using the ":set" command without
arguments, which opens qute://settings. That's expected to be broken in
v1.5.2 with Qt 5.12 (but like I said, qutebrowser-git has it fixed).

What I meant is using e.g. ":set downloads.remove_finished 3000" instead
of using the webpage.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)