[qutebrowser] Per-domain editor.command, or equivalent

Jay Kamat jaygkamat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:50:08 CET 2019

David Nebauer writes:

> When I attempted to set a per-domain editor.command in config.py and
> source it, I received an error that editor.command does not support URL
> patterns.

I already said this in the issue you posted, but I think the cleanest
solution for this is to add url pattern support to editor.command directly.
The change should be fairly trivial, with the hardest part getting the URL to
match against. Here's a similar PR:

https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/4046/files

The place where the editor is spawned is here:

https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/0cf92862bbf583b661d9b04e6671bc3c6183f5ef/qutebrowser/misc/editor.py#L181

In order to get the URL to match against, one way you could pass it in is
through the top level command, like this line:

https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/0cf92862bbf583b661d9b04e6671bc3c6183f5ef/qutebrowser/browser/commands.py#L635

-Jay