[qutebrowser] problem downloading pages

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Jul 29 12:59:32 CEST 2019

Hi Stephen,

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 09:32:04PM +0000, Stephen Davies wrote:
> What does this message mean, which I get when I execute the ":download"
> command?
>
> Error creating SSL context ()

It means that Qt couldn't find a matching OpenSSL library.

Usually the issue is that you're using a pre-built Qt (e.g. via a tox install)
which is built against OpenSSL 1.0 but your system provides 1.1, or vice-versa.

What Qt version are you running (see :version), how did you install
qutebrowser, and what OS/distribution are on?

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)