[qutebrowser] Can't locate dictcli.py on macOS

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Mar 28 11:25:04 CET 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:27:25AM +0100, Valentin Iovene wrote:
> I need to install a new dictionary for spell checking in qutebrowser
> but I am having a hard time locating dictcli.py on macOS.
>
> I installed qutebrowser using `brew cask install qutebrowser`.
>
> I've tried to `locate dictcli.py` with no result, also looked in
> folders where I expected the script to be.

I don't think it's possible to run it currently, as you can't launch
qutebrowser's Python interpreter shipped with qutebrowser.

See https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/3321

> It would be nice to have a way of installing new dictionaries from
> within qutebrowser, rather than having to find a script and run it.
> This would improve the already great user experience :-)

I agree! The reason for the script was that it needs root to install
dicitonaries on older Qt versions (< 5.10) and you wouldn't want to run
qutebrowser as root.

See https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/4003

Florian

--