[qutebrowser] Hint mode and pop-ups

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Apr 8 11:32:34 CEST 2020

Hey Simon,

On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 07:56:03AM +0100, Simon F. Peacock wrote:
> I have recently started using qutebrowser and think it's excellent, however on
> certain pages hint mode doesn't give the option for links on pop-up panes. This
> mostly happens with banners that ask to accept cookies.

Do you have concrete examples? I can think of two reasons why that could be
happening:

1) Those banners use JS click handlers on span/div elements rather than proper
   links/buttons.
-> https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/4817 might help

2) They are in separate iframes, not much qutebrowser can do then.

> Similarly, if there are more than one pane in a window, such as the text
> boxes on stackexchange, is there a way to select the correct box to allow
> scrolling?

https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/4715 should help with that.

So, hopefully both will be fixed in the forseeable future.

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/