[qutebrowser] Desktop notifications not working

Erazem Kokot contact at erazem.eu
Wed Apr 8 16:23:44 CEST 2020

Hi,

I've recently tried to use Discord's web app (discordapp.com) inside
qutebrowser, but it seems notifications aren't working.
I've tested this with [0] Ben Kennish's HTML5 Web Notifications Test,
where I could allow it to send notifications, but no notifications would
be visible.

I'm using SwayWM with Mako (on Arch) as my notification daemon (which shows
notifications outside qutebrowser properly).
Afaik Mako uses `libnotify` if that changes anything.

I've allowed both sites (Discord and [0]) to always send notifications,
along with some other websites, but none of them do.

What could be the cause of this?

Regards,
Erazem K.

---