[qutebrowser] Weird website layout

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Apr 21 16:43:01 CEST 2020

Hey,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 02:58:35PM +0200, Erazem Kokot wrote:
> I've been working on a school project, which involves modifying a
> website that uses Javascript, Handlebars for the layout and an SQLite
> database.
> The website is running locally using nodejs.
>
> Weirdly though, qutebrowser doesn't show the correct layout, rendering it like
> this: https://imgbbb.com/images/2020/04/21/21-04-20_14-51-50.png, while the
> correct layout should be like this:
> https://imgbbb.com/images/2020/04/21/21-04-20_14-52-11.png
> (displayed in Firefox Developer Edition).
>
> I've moved the qutebrowser config directory elsewhere (so it used its
> default settings).
>
> Does anybody have any idea what could be the cause of this?
>
> I can share the code if needed.

Weird. That looks lot like the CSS isn't being loaded. Some questions/ideas:

- Does it happen with --temp-basedir?
- Do you see any errors in the devtools console ('wi' or :inspector -> console,
  then reload)?
- Does it happen in Chromium?
- Does it happen in KDE Falkon (another QtWebEngine browser)?
- Can you show your :version info?

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org