[qutebrowser] qutebrowser v1.10.1 released

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Feb 15 14:32:08 CET 2020

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that I just released qutebrowser v1.10.1. This is a
relatively small bugfix release:

Fixed
~~~~~

- Crash when saving data fails during shutdown (which was a regression
  introduced in v1.9.0).
- Error while reading config.py when `fonts.tabs` or `fonts.debug_console` is
  set to a value including `default_size`.
- When a `state` file contains invalid UTF-8 data, a proper error is now
  displayed.

Changed
~~~~~~~

- When the Qt version changes (and also on the first start of v1.10.1 on Qt
  5.14), service workers registered by websites are now deleted. This is done
  as a workaround for QtWebEngine issues causing crashes when visiting pages
  using service workers (such as Google Mail/Drive). No persistent data should
  be affected as websites can re-register their service workers, but a (single)
  backup is kept at `webengine/Service Worker-bak` in qutebrowser's data
  directory.
- Better output on stdout when config errors occur.
- The `mkvenv.py` now ensures the latest versions of `setuptools` and `wheel`
  are installed in the virtual environment, which should speed up installation
  and fix install issues.
- The default for `colors.statusbar.command.private.bg` has been changed to a
  slightly different gray, as a workaround for a Qt issue where the cursor was
  invisible in that case.

Please let me know ASAP if you run into any issues - I don't expect anything
major since the changes are quite small, but if there is anything, I'd like to
get it fixed before the deadline for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/