[qutebrowser] Reload config from external script

Valentin Iovene tgy at inria.fr
Tue May 12 11:52:55 CEST 2020

Hi all,

Is there a way to externally (from a script) trigger a reload of the
configuration file by the currently running qutebrowser program?

My use case is that I want to switch the colorscheme based on the time
of the day. I have a script that continuously check if the dark / light
theme should be used. I would like this script to trigger a reload of
my config.py without having to manually type :source-config in
qutebrowser.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

--