[qutebrowser] Firefox Sync for Qutebrowser

Henry henry-h at cks-the-pla.net
Sun Oct 23 20:55:42 CEST 2022

Hello,

I mainly use Qutebrowser, but I use Firefox on my mobile phone. I
recently had a prompt in Firefox that asked me if I wanted to opt-in to
Firefox Sync.
I pressed "No" because I thought: "Man, that sounds useful. Sadly, I'm
using Qutebrowser. Too bad".
Afterward, I thought about it for a bit - this shouldn't be too hard to
implement, right? It's possible to do this as a userscript or as a
launcher for Qutebrowser, which does the sync before launching
Qutebrowser. Or is there a hook for executing a specific userscript on
startup? Alternatively, I could place the launcher script into
/usr/bin/local/qutebrowser, but it's probably better to have qutebrowser
execute it automatically on startup.
I found a few old closed old issues on GitHub regarding this. Is anyone
aware if anything like this already exists? I don't want to waste my
time programming something that already exists.

Yours truthfully
Henry