[qutebrowser] webpage rendering, for few certain specific sites, improvable

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Dec 4 16:13:03 CET 2023

Hey,

> I am at times encountering websites which do render with errors in
> qutebrowser, while at least one other (main stream) browser renders
> them correctly.

Really not sure that can be said (other than "works for me") with zero
information. Given that QtWebEngine is based on Chromium, I'd expect it
to render things just like Chromium does (and there isn't much
qutebrowser can do about that, short of some workarounds here and
there).

Start qutebrowser with --temp-basedir to avoid any issues with your
config, then make sure that :version displays a recent version of
QtWebEngine (ideally 6.6).

If you can still reproduce with that configuration, please report an
issue with more detailed information, e.g. the website URL and ideally
screenshots.

But a "there are websites that display incorrectly" with no context is
not actionable at all I'm afraid.

Florian