[qutebrowser] qutebrowser v2.5.3 released and signing off for holidays!

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Feb 17 15:42:07 CET 2023

Hey,

I just released qutebrowser v2.5.3. This is a small bugfix release, see
the full changelog below.

On a more personal note, I'm writing this from a train on the way to
some well deserved holidays after I'm finally done grading my students
(and thus finished with my dayjob until August or so). I'll try to
disengage from qutebrowser IRC/Reddit/whatnot for the next 1-2 weeks or
so, so don't be surprised if you don't see me around for a bit. :)

Then in March/April I'll finally be able to invest much more time into
getting the Qt 6 stuff wrapped up and hopefully some PRs merged as well.

If all goes well, that'll finally mean we can get the v3.0.0 release
with Qt 6 support out of the door - I know it's been long overdue!

Here's the v2.5.3 changelog:

Added
~~~~~

- New `array_at` quirk, polyfilling the
  https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array/at[`Array.at` method],
  which is needed by various websites, but only natively available with Qt 6.2.

Fixed
~~~~~

- Crash when the adblock filter file can't be read.
- Inconsistent behavior when using `:config-{dict,list}-*` commands with an
  invalid value. Before the fix, using the same command again would complain that
  the value was already present, despite the error and the value not being
  actually changed.
- Incomplete error handling when mutating a dict/list in `config.py` and setting
  an invalid value. Before the fix, this would result in either a message in the
  terminal rather than GUI (startup), or in a crash (`:config-source`).
- Wrong type handling when using `:config-{dict,list}-*` commands with a config
  option with non-string values. The only affected option is `bindings.commands`,
  which is probably rarely used with those commands.
- The `readability` userscript now correctly passes the source URL to
  Breadability, to make relative links work.
- Update `dictcli.py` to use the `main` branch, fixing a 404 error.
- Crash with some notification servers when the server did quit.
- Minor documentation fixes

Florian

--
            me at the-compiler.org | https://www.qutebrowser.org