[qutebrowser] Unable to allow ads on a site

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jan 3 15:09:11 CET 2023

Hey Nicholas,

Sorry for the late answer, your mail got stuck in the moderation queue
since you are not subscribed to the mailinglist. I added a filter so you
should be able to freely post without delay now, but you might not see
answers unless people Cc you.

On Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 09:48:15AM +0000, Nicholas Armstrong via qutebrowser wrote:
> I'm trying to allow ads on a particular site. I type ':set --pattern
> https://site/* content.blocking.enabled false' and then save, but the site
> keeps popping up a "please turn off adblock" notice.

This should work, and it did work for me before in such a situation.

Not much more I can say without knowing what the site in question is,
and what pattern you're using precisely. Make sure you e.g. don't use
example.org but load www.example.org, those are not the same thing.

Florian

--
            me at the-compiler.org | https://www.qutebrowser.org