This week's qutebrowser updates

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Nov 24 21:42:29 CET 2014

Gah! Another week over already, 3 week to the planned release date...
Still not 100% sure if I'll make it, but we'll see :P

Also, more new features than I'd like this week - I should really
focus on bugfixes now! :D

Overview
--------

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/pulse/weekly

Excluding merges, 1 author has pushed 41 commits to master and 59
commits to all branches. On master, 31 files have changed and there
have been 836 additions and 598 deletions.

1 Issue closed by 1 person
8 Issues created by 2 people

Upgrade notes
-------------

- Run :adblock-update if you want to use the host blocker.
  If not, run  :set permissions host-block-lists ""

Features
--------

- A simple ad-blocker, based on /etc/hosts-lists. (yaaay!)
- New :download command to download an URL by hand.
- New option tabs->tabs-are-windows to open a new window for every
  operation opening a new tab.

Improvements
------------

- Ignore "Content type missing" Qt warning
- Simplify logging of Qt warnings
- Get rid of automatic setuptools installing and ez_setup.py.

Bugfixes
--------

- Fix for segfault-issues when starting (which only showed up when
  implementing the :download command)
- Handle QNetworkReply errors correctly in downloads.
- Update download view size correctly when download text changed.
- Workaround for a Qt bug leading to corrupted downloads when they're
  read from the cache.
- Handle subprocess errors correctly (e.g. with :spawn or :hint ...
  spawn)
- Various small download fixes.

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc