[qutebrowser] Unable to start - Error loading config.py

Stanislav Stratiev stanislavstratiev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 00:32:56 CET 2020

Hello,

I already posed this question on the IRC but I didn't stay online to
receive a reply so I thought that e-mail is a better option for my IRC
inconsistency.

Here is the error I received:

http://paste.the-compiler.org/index.php/view/9b4f635f

qutebrowser doesn't start at all.

Here's a bunch of things I tried:

- I tried deleting ~/.config/qutebrowser/config.py, because of this, I
assume that there is no need in me sending out my configuration file.
What this did was that the first line of errors disappeared but all of
the rest remained.
- I pulled the repo and reran python3 scripts/mkvenv.py to reinstall
both with python3.5 and python3.7
- Also, tried wiping the install and redoing the above (I assume that
shouldn't make any difference in the first place)
- I tried running the debugger option but I'm not really sure what to
look for.

I'm running Mint 18 and I didn't have any problems running qutebrowser
for almost 2 years now up until ~2 weeks ago. I can't remember what I
was doing then that caused it because I only decided to try and fix it
yesterday.

I would be very happy if you can help me out.

Best regards,

Stanislav.