[qutebrowser] qutebrowser git is now Qt 6 by default!

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Jul 22 15:18:55 CEST 2023

Hey,

Since Qt 6.5.2 was released finally (with 3 weeks of delay), fixing
various annoying issues with Qt 6.5.0 and .1, it's time to finally flip
the switch to Qt 6 by default!

So that's what I did at the Europython sprints in Prague :)

Right now mkvenv.py will install the PyQt6 Qt6 packages from the
Riverbank Computing development package server (which means you end up
downloading it twice). This should change early next week, when those
packages get officialy released, but I just couldn't wait any longer :D

Thanks to @RMPR for some nice pair programming sessions and
contributions here at the sprint, fixing some of the last rough edges.

If you use qutebrowser from git, it will now automatically use PyQt6 if
that's available - if it is not, it will open a warning page telling you
that you should probably ensure that it is.

Only a couple of smaller things now remaining until the v3.0.0 release:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/milestone/49

Florian