[qutebrowser] not always receiving sound from BBB

Marco van Hulten marco at hulten.org
Thu Mar 7 15:26:20 CET 2024

Hello,

I am not receiving audio from a BigBlueButton instance.  The problem
only occurs to this instance (of the two I tried, both of which are
running BBB 2.7.4) in qutebrowser, and the problem does not occur on
Firefox.

But then I found out that the problem also occurs in chromium and
dooble, only the latter of which is just like qutebrowser based on
qt5-webengine.  So I should possibly be looking at a library that is
shared between these browsers and not used by Firefox.  Looking at the
direct dependencies of the respective packages does not help (nothing
overlapping in the failing web browsers that is not in the other one).

I may be looking in the wrong direction.  Does someone here have a
better idea?

To make it even harder, *sometimes* (about 1 in 10 cases) this instance
does work in qutebrowser.

I am using qutebrowser v3.1.0 on OpenBSD amd64, latest snapshot.

  Marco