[qutebrowser] not always receiving sound from BBB

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Mar 7 16:17:05 CET 2024

Hey,

> But then I found out that the problem also occurs in chromium and
> dooble, only the latter of which is just like qutebrowser based on
> qt5-webengine.  So I should possibly be looking at a library that is
> shared between these browsers and not used by Firefox.  Looking at the
> direct dependencies of the respective packages does not help (nothing
> overlapping in the failing web browsers that is not in the other one).

QtWebEngine is based on Chromium, so this is an issue in Chromium.

> I am using qutebrowser v3.1.0 on OpenBSD amd64, latest snapshot.

OpenBSD has a huge amount of patches on top of QtWebEngine/Chromium:
https://github.com/openbsd/ports/tree/master/x11/qt6/qtwebengine/patches

This includes a custom integration with sndio: https://sndio.org/

Chances are the bug is OpenBSD-specific and in those patches
somewhere...

Florian